Author Topic: Varolo - Get paid watching video ads! New Referral model!  (Read 1928 times)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 1
Varolo - Get paid watching video ads! New Referral model!
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:02:08 AM »
Hey there,

Varolo implemented their new referral model. Here is a complete review about Varolo.

At varolo you are paid for watching video ads. Here is a summery of their features,
  • Varolo is completely, 100% free. No upgrading.
  • Open for users worldwide.
  • You earn money from watching the videos and from up to 6 referral levels.
  • There are consistently 20-30 video ads (15-30 sec each) to watch each day for users of the US, Canada, and the UK.
  • Each week there is a $500 jackpot.
  • You can get referrals not just through your referral link but also by redeeming achievement cards you get for being especially active. Furthermore, referrals recruited by your up-line can be added into your downline as explained below.
  • Payout limit is $20 through Paypal.
The earning structure itself however is a little complicated. There isn't a fixed amount per video but it depends on the price they get from the advertisers. Usually they sell video time for $0.02-0.03 per video watched. From this the viewer gets 21%. However, this is just for the first month of membership. After the first month, you won't earn from watching the ads yourself but just from your referrals. However, you have to stay active to earn from your referrals as explained below.
For your referrals you get 5% of the ad price for every ad watched by any of your referrals regardless of his level. When you start you just have 4 referral levels. However, if your number of referrals grow, a 5th and finally a 6th referral level will be available.

Attention: The introduction video and the faqs aren't up to date as the earnings structure just changed recently. Earnings are credited to your account each Sunday. Don't worry, if you don't see any earning until your first Sunday.

The referral structure is another interesting feature. Varolo just changed their linear downlines into a matrix model. With the matrix model you just have certain numbers of referral spots at each level. For level 1 you have 3 spots. Under each of them are another 3 spots for 9 spots total in level 2. This structure will go on with 27 (3x9) in level 3 and 81 (3x27) in level 4.
If you recruit referrals they will be placed into your level 1 spots. If all 3 spots are filled the next referral will go into your first level 2 spot. This will be the referral level 1 of one of your direct referrals. That way you also grow the downlines of your referrals if you are very active with recruiting.
Let me give you my downline as an example,

As you can see, I have already my 3 level 1 spots (1st degree) filled with Alfons, Belias, and Martin. I continued recruiting and already filled 7 of my 9 level 2 spots (2nd degree). Of these 7 referrals, 3 are now direct referrals of Alfons and 3 are direct referrals of Belias. Martin has just one direct referral so far but the next 2 referrals I recruit, will be added as direct referrals for him. After filling these last level 2 spots, the next referrals I recruit will be added into my level 3 starting from the top. Meaning, Curtis will get them as direct referrals first. One of my level 2 referrals (John) started recruiting himself and added 3 referrals to my level 3 and 2 to my level 4.

As all referrals regardless of their level will earn you the same amount of money for each watched ad, it doesn't matter where in your matrix they are. The overall goal of this referral structure is to keep more users active by helping them to build a nice downline. If all of your 4 referral levels are filled, you get three more level 1 spots to start another matrix.

To participate from your referral earning, you have to stay active with Varolo yourself. If you have video ads available, you have to watch 140 videos a week to get 100% of your referral earnings.
If there are no ads for your country, you can achieve 100% activity by logging into your account for at least 5 days a week and try to watch videos until a "oops - out of ads" message appears. This will take you just 30 sec but you still earn from your referrals.

Besides the earning for watching the ads, you can get achievement cards for being especially active. For example, you will get achievement cards for watching certain numbers of ads, logging in every day of the week, or recruiting referrals. If you have enough cards, you can redeem them for more referrals which is another feature to get referrals without actively recruiting.

Short summery of my personal Pros and Cons

Pros
  • A lot of videos to watch.
  • Up to 6 referral levels.
  • System to get referrals even if you fail to recruit yourself.
Cons
  • $20 payout limit.
  • You have to be very active yourself to claim all your earnings including the referral earnings.
  • Introduction video and FAQs are not up to date regarding the earning structure.

Cheers,

Xmas
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:27:52 AM by Xmas »

• Thank You
Re: Varolo is about to change their referral model!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 08:18:39 AM »
The final plan is announced, http://blog.varolo.com/featured/new-varolo-compensation-structure-beginning-dec-16-2011/.

It will get implemented December 16. If you sign up with an actively recruiting sponsor right now, every referral he recruits after your sign up might end up in your downline. As Varolo is absolutely free to use, there is no risk at all. Just sign up, confirm your account, do the orientation, and wait until next Thursday. You might get a head start with some nice referrals in your downline.

Cheers,

Xmas

• Thank You
Re: Varolo - Get paid watching video ads! New Referral model!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 01:31:34 AM »
Hey there,

Varolo implemented their new referral model. I have updated the first post of this thread with a complete review.

Aurora, Varolo has dramatically changed which is way I updated this thread instead of posting in the original Varolo thread. If you don't like this, please merge the two threads.

Cheers,

Xmas

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »
Hey there,

Varolo implemented another nice feature called Dynamic Compression. Usually, you have up to 6 referral levels at Varolo. However, with dynamic compression these are actually 6 levels of active referrals. Meaning, if one of your referrals isn't active, a referral in the 7th level can replace him and so on. Maybe it is easier to understand the other way round. If a user watches ads the users up to 6 levels in his upline will earn referral earnings. However, if there is one inactive user in his upline, the one at the next level (7th) will earn. This can go on 10s if necessary until 6 active users earned from that referral. This also means, if you have a large village, you don't have to worry so much about inactive referrals anymore. For each inactive one there might be an active one down the road who will earn you money. ;)

Cheers,

Xmas

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:06:18 AM »
Another tip to build your village (downline) without actively recruiting referrals is proper use of Varolo Velocity. With Varolo Velocity you get achievement cards which can be redeemed for new referrals. You can find a list of all qualifying actions here, http://blog.varolo.com/featured/varolo-velocity-users-guide/, at the official Varolo site. To make the most of Varolo Velocity, you have to maximize the number of cards you get. Here are some tips,

• Change your reward setting to charity on the lower right at the profile tab at the start of each week. For the first 25 ads you watch you get one additional gray card each 5 ads. Change the settings back to jackpot after you got 5 charity gray cards.
  • Watch 200 ads each week to get a gray achievement card each 20 ads, a blue card for watching 140 ads, and another blue card after watching 200 ads.
  • Save the points you get for each ad you watch until you reach 15000 points to redeem it for an orange achievement card.
  • Trade gray cards for blue cards and blue cards for orange cards at the Velocity tab, lower right. Wait until you see an offer to get one blue card for 10-13 gray cards and 13-15 blue cards for an orange card.
  • Redeem your cards for an "active Villager". Don't wait for the "active Villager that's building village". The later reward is usually out of stock. Redeem your cards during US late afternoon/evening time to increase you chances to get a new US villager as US members get the most videos to watch.

Cheers and good luck with Varolo,

Xmas
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:26:42 PM by Xmas »

advertise here