Author Topic: Would you considered this cheating?  (Read 2508 times)

• Sky-Bux
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • Sky-Bux
    • Email
Would you considered this cheating?
« on: August 24, 2016, 01:26:09 AM »
Hello all!

I own a ptc site and I would like to know if other admins would consider this as part of cheating ?

I have a member on my site that has purchased some credits from me and this is what the member is doing with the credits.
The member has 10 ads set up and active. Everyday the member adds 1 credit to each ad and clicks on it himself. Making at least $0.02 extra on his account everyday . Now I do not mind paying all the honest members on my site but this situation has me a bit confuse because in one hand I am saying to my self the member has the right to add his credits as he wishes but in the other hand I also can say the member is running up the balance on his account intentionally . And that is why I am asking here to get some feed back from this awesome forum and other more experience admins. Please take note I have no policy against this situation on my terms. Please explain how would you deal with this situation if it happened on your site.

Thank You In Advance For Your Help! construction 

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Referrals: 1
    • Email
Re: Would you considered this cheating?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »
I am no admin. What I would do is to set minimum credits to add 50 credits.

• Site Owner
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • GetAdsNow.com
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:03:36 PM »
Hello!

I just read your topic that is interesting to reply on, in the same time I don't know what kind of script that let advertisers click their own ads, generally it don't show up. However, you have to put everyone in his right place, when you are talking about someone who have purchased ads from your website; technically this person is an advertiser.

Now, if this advertiser is adding credits and clicking his own ads whatever is your script, it mean something wrong here; this industry is not working like this. Anyway, the first step to do is to send a warning message to this member and tell him that you can't click your own ads, they are targeting other members on our website.

Also you have to mention: "you are breaking our term of use" and "next time you do that your account will be suspended." Nothing is confusing in this story, only the person is trying to break your "general terms" by clicking his own ads.

Sincerely yours,
LunarFuture

• cryptocurrency news
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
  • Referrals: 2
    • cryptocurrency news
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:27:09 PM »
I have never known a site where you can click your own ads.

• Junior
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • How to be successful in online business?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 10:33:02 AM »
You can just sending an email asking him not to do that way! And usually I cannot see my own ads !

• Site Owner
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Aurora Coderz
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 08:06:45 PM »
I had this situation on my sites and at the time I'd bought the most up to date aurora version... do you have the click contest enabled? What about the ticket contest? Could be he's insuring he wins one of those rather than trying to run his balance up with individual clicks.

A lot of older aurora scripts let members see their own ads, while most members are honest and may never even notice this is happening there are a few here and there that will do anything they can to exploit your website so unless you code you need someone to do one of the following things (assuming your script isn't encrypted):

1) Make it so that members cannot see their own ads at all.
2) Make it so that members viewing their own ads aren't credited contest clicks or tickets.
3) Make it so that members viewing their own ads aren't credited contest clicks, tickets or cash.

You can also have your site modified to make members add or retract a set minimum amount of credits so that he has to add a minimum of 10 credits and he has to retract a minimum of 25 credits to retract any credits as a legit advertiser isn't going to mind such low limits, most advertisers add a few hundred credits at a time minimum. Fixing the website rather than the individual member will keep this from being a problem for you in the future.

advertise here