Author Topic: Sustainable bux site?  (Read 2369 times)

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Referrals: 0
Sustainable bux site?
« on: December 28, 2011, 07:52:03 AM »
Lately I've been playing with the idea of running my own bux site, seeing how easy it would get one set up (even with the doubt against the unending count of buxhost sites  :P). Been doing quite a lot of calculations on the subject at hand, and especially the cost of running the site - paying members -wise. I'm not looking to get millions of dollars to myself (heck, couple hundred a month is what I need to live, and that I already get via other means), but I wouldn't like to keep pouring money into paying to members yet having no income at all.

So what I've been looking around in these type of sites, they tend to get like around 1000 registered members within a week or two, so let's say I'd be able to promote my site enough to get that 1000 as well. I guess majority doesn't upgrade their membership, am I right? On what percentage could I even try to calculate this - any "circa 5%" from anyone currently running a site?
And how about the amount of people actually paying to advertise? If it's the same amount (around), I'd be getting like 300 bucks while needing 900 (0.02 rate) to pay the members during that month.

I know the figures ain't exact, since I have no exact information to base my calculations upon, but I guess you get the idea. I'm just wondering that I'd need to triple the amount of upgraded members AND advertisers just to have enough to pay the members at the end of month - is it possible to achieve that?
Sure I see many sites with tens of thousand members (large number inactive I guess) that I'm pretty sure make their way around nicely, so any special things to keep in mind when trying to get my site profitable (or even sustainable)?

I'm not going to dive right in just now, but maybe in the near future.

• Sir (...soon) (maybe)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 17
  • Referrals: 33
    • Visit me
Re: Sustainable bux site?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
Honey moon:
Few owners showed me good stats claiming to be successful although we on TalkPTC always warn them about the evident crack of the bux scheme.

And I've seen good apparent profit in the first 3 months with 1+ cents/ads
with attractive and soft template with a perfect color scheme. (usually blue  ;) )
With all due care and promotion you may have many upgrades,
certainly more than 1k members in the first month and a profit that easily
surpasses $400 month, on the first 3 months.

Real life:
Then, upgrades start decreasing, lots of payment requests start to pop up,
enter the tos changes, the lessening of ads values, infamous conditions to cash out and things like that.

It was fun while it lasted:
This year was catastrophic to 1¢ sites. Almost all disappeared or changed to low earnings. There is no way. No way to keep a long term 1+ ¢ site.
Or create a low earning to last longer and add one or two 0,5 or 1 cent when possible or go back to mom's home.

Just a point of view.

• Developer
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • Referrals: 81
    • Cashons Network
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 03:31:36 PM »
- Bux sites aren't actually that bad ( personal opinion ) , but what makes all these sites fail is how people who start it become greedy and eat up all money then run
- I think most buxhost sites fail for same reason always ( if we excluded the expert scammers who use it ) you will see most buxhost sites are the first sites for those owners , so it will always fail .
- In general PTC idea is based on being a connection between advertisers and members , advertisers provide owner money , owner provides them with traffic , owner pays his members that's all , which should be normal and simple equation
but the problem in bux is advertisers usually don't exist , so it becomes owners trying to get much money from members before he can give up and close site , that simple .
- So if you want to start a bux site , what should you do ?
1- I'd say first you have to start aurora site not a bux , if you wanna succeed your first site must be aurora site , why ? because these sites are easier to manage , easier to find advertisers for it , easier to cover up your loses if something went wrong .
2- Take sometime tell you find where to get advertisers , what type of traffic is easier to sell , also time to gain members trust and to get enough active members in your aurora site
3- After that you can open your bux site , either buxhost or any bux script wont matter , but don't start with 0.01$ ads , because this will be like starting a fire in a boat inside river , it will burn you or you will have to jump and leave the boat
best thing will be to start with 0.001$ ads and 0.0005$ referral earnings + instant payments , this will get you looooots of active members and also you can get advertisers , who will usually be some of you got in your aurora site
4- you can get some luck and get a 0.01$ advertiser who would pay 10 or 15$ in 1000 hits but your basic ads should be 0.001$ this will help you to make site survive longer , you can sell upgrades to but don't depend on it to be your funds source

- Most of this seems to work theoretically , but on practice it would be a bit different and not as easy as it sounds , it still business so it's about management and skills in getting through problems you will face from time to time

• Sir (...soon) (maybe)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 17
  • Referrals: 33
    • Visit me
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »
on practice it would be a bit different and not as easy as it sounds , it still business so it's about management and skills in getting through problems you will face from time to time
IMO this is the main part, which includes the "ability" of finding advertisers; but how to explain the diff between blue and green to a blind man?
For what I see, first owners were never owners, managers or businessmen.
They have no idea about the unexpected and so, how to deal with them.

About instant payments.
Ayman, don't instant payments attract cheaters?
Someone posted here years ago about this, even saying that cheaters are not a bad deal if you can find them. Somehow, good for the site (you don't have to pay them), bad for advertisers, of course.

• Developer
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • Referrals: 81
    • Cashons Network
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
About instant payments.
Ayman, don't instant payments attract cheaters?
Someone posted here years ago about this, even saying that cheaters are not a bad deal if you can find them. Somehow, good for the site (you don't have to pay them), bad for advertisers, of course.

- this is part of what i meant by difference between theory and practice , the instant payments works both ways , it will get site lots of members and possible lots of cheaters , solution can include manual first payments so owner can check who is good and who is bad , then instant after that
or fast payments in 24 hours , because in most bux sites people feel a bit safer when they know they can get their money fast , as most bux sites ( even if doing good ) are still not fully trusted by regular clickers
- PTC sites in general are like love stories ( strange example , yet kinda true ) , no story is like the other and no story will end like the other or continue in same way , there's no manual guide or things you can follow , but it's just basic things people need to know and try it in their own way , just that simple

advertise here